Thursday, November 16, 2006

I guess I'm a designer now

I's a designer now! (ala Color Purple).

Well I won't go as far as to say that I'm a full fledge designer, but I did design a cabled scarf for my friend Reema. She wanted to make a Cabled scarf for herself, and wasn't sure what to do. So I came up with a simple pattern with seed stitch border. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's a scarf but I did it from scratch. So here's the pattern if anyone wants. I did the wrote it out as well as charted.

Pattern: Reema's 'Leaving on the Next Plane' Scarf
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride
Instructions:
Abbreviations:
Sl = Slip
St(s) = Stitch(s)
Cn = Cable needle
CO = Cast On

C4f = Sl 2 sts to cn & hold in front, k next 2sts, then k 2sts from cn
C4b = Sl 2 sts to cn & hold in back, k next 2sts, then k 2sts from cn













Pattern:
CO: 26 sts
Row 1: *p,k* Repeat ** to the end of row
Row 2: *k,p* Repeat ** to the end of row
Row 3: p, k3, p8, k2, p8, k2, p, k
Row 4: k, p3, c4b, c4f, p2, c4b, c4f, p2, k, p
Row 5: p, k3, p8, k2, p8, k2, p, k
Row 6: k, p3, k8, p2, k8, p2, k, p
Row 7: p, k3, p8, k2, p8, k2, p, k
Row 8: k, p3, k8, p2, k8, p2, k, p

* Repeat rows 3-8 until desired length.

This will be in a link on the sidebar later. Oh, I have this pattern in a word doc for anyone that ones it. Just email me: altaviese@gmail.com

I don't have any progress pics, but will have some by the weekend. More like Sunday b/c I'm going to the Billion Dollar Babes event Saturday. So much for budgeting!

Later,

Al

7 comments:

Deborah said...

terrific! what software did you use to do the charting??

Carrie said...

Gorgeous scarf! Love the horseshoe cabling.

Kirsten said...

Great scarf pattern! Thanks for sharing it. I've got the same question as Deborah, what software did you use for the chart?

Quel said...

Hi! Thanks for the link. I'm [] this close to learning how to knit. It looks like fun...hard and addicting and fun.

sylv said...

Nice scarf.. and just like the others, I'm in awe of your chart..!! Any info on how you achieved this would be so highly appreciated... :-P

Sylv (aka chez Plum)

Nik said...

I'd say that definitely makes you a designer. You should write up the pattern.

Nik said...

um, I see that you have written up the pattern *lol*