Monday, July 10, 2006

Happily Dappily Monday!

Yay, it's Monday YAY! Ok, I'm really not happy. But eh, I'm going to pretend. Maybe that will make the day go faster. I'll let you know how that works later.

Ok, so in honor of Happy Monday. Here's the cutest video that I found on YouTube (which is like the coolest site BTW).



So am I the only one that wants a kitten now! It really doesn't help that I kept seeing stray kittens all week. I have this animal rescue thing going on, but I couldn't catch any of them. They just ran :(

One the kittens look like the one from the pic above.

Ok, in knitting news. Why cannot I soooo not wait for fall now. Ok, September (that's when summer of stash ends). I really want to make the Cycle Aran Sweater. I don't care if it takes me all winter, I'm making this sweater! I'm just going to put this on my progress tracker now. Hehe, just can't wait. Oh Joy!

Yes, and I found the funkiest sweater by Gedifra on 'Knitting Creations..' I'm not even sure if I'm ready to handle Entrelac. I was going to start simple with the shawl, but after seeing this sweater....we're going keep the party going on this one.

See this is why I'm so addicted to reading blogs. I'm always finding something absolutely yummy to knit. So, yes my inspiration comes from other bloggers.

As you can see the caffeine has officially kicked in, woo hoo.

Okay, without further ado (sp) here are the progress shots:

Progress shot on the Clapper
Clap On
Clap Off
Clap On Clap Off
The Clapper!

Progress shot on the Clapper

The Ballet T
Yarn: Acrylic (big lots), and Bernat Matrix
Start: June 14, 2006
Finish: June 20, 2006 (yes, it was a quickie)
Knit again?: Oh yeah! Planning on doing one in pink, should be nice. I know I did this in the last post, but it's not official until you get a picture.
Finished Ballet Sweater From Loop D Loop

Sometime ago, Amy left me a comment about knitting groups in the Metro area (so I assume). I go to one in Maplewood NJ at Pen & Jens. I hear there is one on Mondays at the Barnes & Noble (route 22 location, springfield nj). I know there's a boat load of them in the City. Actually, there are a lot of SNB meetups, you can check yahoo groups.

So Amy, I hope that helps.

Update on the whole sewing situation. Me, and the old sewing machine in my house have officially gotten to know each other. Now, all I have to do it buy the pattern for the dress I want to make. I discovered that I had the perfect material right under my bed. I have a lot of things that lurk under my bed. Some good, some not so good. But that's another story.

Recapping the 4th, I basically didn't do any knitting. I just hung out with the family. Here's the cutest pic of my Mini Me. Yes, I have a mini me don't be jealous.
I shall Call Her Mini Me!

Oh, and I don't know what if you heard about NJ being shutdown last week. Lets just say that this was a very very unhappy time for me. I am a true beach bum. The beaches opened sunday, and I was damned near the first one there. Yes, I was out my house like 7:30 am. See don't I look dandy. Just as dark as I want to be, and I'm loving it. Ok, smooches!

The Beaches are open! The Beaches are open!

3 comments:

aimee said...

Thanks for responding to my comment. Just so you know, we've started a knitting group at Here's to the Arts (Baker street) on Tuesdays, 6-8pm. We've had about 8 people so far, and I'm hoping more will turn up this week. And there are cocktails! :)

Jeanine said...

What day and time do you meet at Pen & Jens?

Oh and congrats on completing the Ballet T. They are alot of fun to knit.

Cheri said...

I was looking at the Cycling Aran just this weekend. I wanted to make it for my best friend but I might just make it for myself.