Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I've been digging in my crates

And it feels good....

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I joined the Summer Of Stash buying yarn for the rest of the summer. And you know what, I'm doing good. The KAL started. Basically, I swore of at the beginning of this month, and everything is peachy. No feelings of withdrawal, no tics, or anything that would require a patch.

It actually turned out to be a good thing! I've been running around like mad woman trying to find patterns for the I already own. I've even been more diligent about completing some UFO's. Speaking of Completion, Ruby has a fork in her. And the fat lady officially dusted off the vocal cords last night. I've basically been finished for like 3 weeks now. Well the knitting part anyway. I just don't like to sew, or pick up. But I think I'm getting better at it, so maybe one day I will feel better about it.






Pattern: Ruby
Yarn: Campalmi Filati Merino (bought in florence, that's all the details I have)
Start: Early May
Finish: June 14, 2006
Will you make this again: You bet your bottom dollar! (yes I actually said that) Yes, there's me in all my chunky goodness.





I'm getting through The Clapper pretty quickly, eventhough I think I made an oopsie. I have to do my first drop stitch, and I swear there maybe a potential frog in my future. Let's just cross our fingers on this one.











I started a new project. I'm making the Ballet Shirt anything in less than a weeks time. Well, with the exception of x-mas. My family decided to not do the grab bag thing from the Loop D Loop book. Betsy from my knitting group said that she did hers in 3 days. So, you know I had to make it. I haven't made less than 5 days before xmas. It was ugly people. Well back to the sweater. My mom has been buying me yarn from Big Lots. She bought a crisp white 1lb bag of acrylic. Let's just say, LOVING IT! It's so soft, so I combined 3 strands of that and a strand of novelty yarn. It's coming along so fast. I started yesterday, and I would be past the shoulders if I didn't keep messing up. I mean going back whole rows messing up. I just wanted finish by the end of the week. That would be cool. Instant gratification! Gotta love it.











What about the socks? Socks, what socks? Yeah, I'm still a little on the >:O side about losing the needle. Oooh that just burned a hole in my drawers. I'm working through my issues, bare with me.

On the horizon...I have some new potential projects:

* Ruby's sister tank, Miss Diamond. I'm hoping this tank will live up to it's name, and be my best friend. I'm thinking of using the same yarn I used for Ruby but in a different color. I loved the yarn so much, I bought it in a pink color way. I'll have to see. I wanted to use the yarn she used in the pattern, but I'm not buying yarn so...yeah.


* I found this funky little tank call Ms. Marigold. I like this, I've been on this tank kick. I guess it's the only thing keeping me from knitting like 40 million bags. I've decided that I'm going to frog my Colchique for now, b/c I'm not getting through the translation. I'll try it again in the winter I guess. I used Merino Style in Harvest from Knitpicks for the sweater. The gauge is the same, and the yarn is light enough to wear in the summer. My favorite part about this pattern is the ruffle.









* And Fad-Classic has bumped it's way up to the top two of my next projects. I'm itching to see how my cotton candish yarn mix is going to look. I should spend some time spinning at least 2 or 3 more balls so I won't have to put the project down b/c of not wanting to spin. It did take a long time to spin this yarn.

And just a quick not to all who take the time to comment. I read them all, I may not respond to all. But I love them just the same, tnx for the love.

I feel so special {{sniff sniff}}

K, gotta get to getting before this rain hits.

Al

6 comments:

aimee said...

Hiya,

I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago when I was looking for local knitting groups. I found a few when I first moved here, but they seem to have disappeared before I got the chance to find them. Could you point me in the direction of any others?

Thanks!
Aimee

Erica B. said...

I love Ruby... I have that pattern and it's still on my To-Knit list. Fab job!

carrie said...

your ruby looks great! (and i see no chunk, so stop that nonsense.) you and i are obviously on the same knitting wavelength. i just finished fad classic and ms. marigold, and now i'm on to diamonique. i also knit the long sleeve ballet top.

Lolly said...

Your Ruby looks great!! I made a Ruby back in May - except I called it Emerald since it was green :)

Like you and Carrie, I have many of the same designs in mind!

Nik said...

i like the modifications you made. It looks good. I'm knitting Ruby now, but I'm keeping the original neckline. I've got a feeling, though, that my "chi-chis" might bust out of it.

I'll be done soon, so I'll find out.

Cheri said...

Your Ruby is too cute...I may just have to break down and make it myself!!