Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shrinking UFO's

My UFO pile is shrinking. Yes yes, I've been busy at work. I've managed to finsih several projects. I'm quite proud of myself too. Rainy weekends are my new best friend.

Hmm lets see. Oh yes yes, the weekend satchel.....Je Fini! It looks totally different from the bag in the mag, but hey...I love it anyway.

Dior the superdog volunteered to be a background model. Isn't he a cutie?

Oh yeah the bag...
Like I said in the previous post, I kind of messed up on the strap. I don't know how I do that. I followed this pattern stitch by stitch. Ehh, my bag is funky. So I like it. It's really huge, haha. I carried it most of this week. The general reactions were...'wow you made that? that's nice...damn that's a big *ss bag.' haha, it is huge. I think that's what I like best about it. The hugeness of it. Oh, and it's suprisingly sturdy. I have put it to the test. Listerine bottles, 2 listerine bottles. Now that's strong.





Now, some UFO's from last year. I loved the Mini Sweater much, I made myself another one. so But this time, I made it in this funky doodle ribbon yarn. I love the colors on this, and can't wait to wear it. It was definately fun to work with. I'm thinking about adding two rhinestone buttons to the collar and two at the bottom for closure. I think this baby will go good with some blingy-bling. I'm finding that the ribbon has a little bit more give to it, which is always a good thing. I wonder if I'll be able to wash it. That's the burning question. I bought this yarn off of ebay. No labeling at all. So we shall see.






Now onto the another last yearer. See, I have knitting tantrums. When somehting doesn't go right...I drop it like a bad habit. This bad boy was supposed to be a poncho. But for some reason, I followed the pattern for a Medium. Now i'm not sure if you can tell from past pics, but there's nothing Medium about this chicadee. Trying to get there, but not quite there yet.

This Poncho was supposed to be a zippered poncho from the Vogue: Poncho's on the go book. It's really a nice pattern, but uhhh it was too small.

But the funny thing about it, I'm a little poncho'd out. Wait, let me do a disclaimer. This statement excludes the very first poncho I ever made. It's oversized (really really oversized), and I knit it in this pinkish LB Homespun color. It's just the prettiest thing. I love this thing like a security blanket. But outside of this, i'm a little done with ponchos for a while. My lastest obsession is wraps. Long wraps, short wraps. Knit/crochet....silk/pashmina-ish....doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, my poncho gone wrong turned into my capelet gone right (after severe 'put your elbow into it' blocking. Which reminds me, I need a blocking board bad. The bed is just not cutting it. I'll have to just fork over the money. Well my birthday is coming up, maybe I can get someone to go half with me. Or something...


So yeah back to this capelet. It's really cute! I wore it yesterday, I think it cand stand another round of blocking or just a wet stretch. But overall, it's a keeper. So the moral of this story (haha), we here at 'Wing It' international will never make anything in vein b/c there's always plan b: Wing the hell out of it! Haha, Coffee is a hell of a drug. Oh yeah, and here's some fuzzy pics. It's hard taking pics of yourself in mirror when you have a capelet on. I don't know why.











Let's see what else did I finish...Ah yes, the celebrity shawl. Well that counts as a partial finish. My tension span kindly let me know that at the rate I was going, there's no way in haven I was going to finish that one. So, I did 30% of it and gave it to one of my best friends for her birthday. And you know what? She loves it, I mean really really loves it. Talk about motivation! Now I want to make another one. I think I'll make mine in a multi colored cotton. The shawl is pictured like 2 or 3 posts before this one. Or you can check January. Yeah, I'm a blogging slacker what can I say.

Well gotta go.....

4 comments:

DivaCatscratch said...

Now, that's some hot stuff, Piecey!!! Now if I can only get Felony out of my yarn bag....

Saun said...

"Coffee is a hell of a drug". LOL! You are too funny. The capelet is nice.

Erica B. said...

What a cute capelet! Great job!

Nik said...

I love huge felted bags. this one looks like it can hold a lot.