Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Itarsia, dun dun dun dun....

Okay, I've startte the front of my bag. I pushed my fears aside, and I started adding in the red.

Let just say, it's not impossible...but it's not the easiest thing to do either. It's a bit on the awkward side. And of course, me being me, I have the holes b/c I didn't twist properly. Which is interesting b/c I followed the instructins fromKnitting Help, but I still ended up with the holes. It's ok, for now. I'll just go back and secure everything this time. I'm on a time crunch for this bag. I need to have this thing felted by no later than the 3rd. So I can order that hex frame. I need this bag for Italy, and i'm leaving on the tenth.

Speaking of Italy, has anyone out there been to a LYS in Rome??? Anyone?

Ok, back to the bag. I had to leave it at home, traveling with all the strings is a bit much. I'll put a major dent when I go to my knitting circle this weekend. I have to get to smiley's I believe I'm going to be short two balls in the brown, and I may need another ball of red.

Yeah well, gotta go do some work.

4 comments:

princessdominique said...

I haven't been to Italy yet. Its on the 2006 to do list.

sahara said...

Altaviese!

You may have checked my last post already, I want to remind you, that you've accurately guessed the number of UFO's in my pile! So, you've won a free workshop in the technique of your choice. Good for a while.

If you are still having some trouble with intarsia, you can have a workshop with me before you leave. Email me.

kellz said...

COME BACK!! holla at me...

kellz

Queen T said...

yes...it's taken me a while to get back to you as well. I was at Columbia c/o '95. I belive we have many friends in common.