Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bannerific

First things first.....

I would like to publicly thank Missa (Midnight Knitter) for my FANTABULOUS banner/button. I'm so in loving it.

Ah ha ha ha, staying aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

I have some more pics that I will have to post later on tonight. I went to Downtown Yarns in NYC Sunday, and guess what I got??? Come on guess? Ok Ok, i'll tell you. I bought my very first hand spindle (i think that's right), and a bag of pre-dyed/processed roving. Me soooooo excited! I was so excited that I rushed home to get started on spinning my very first ball of yarn. I didn't need to buy any books about it b/c I have 'You Spin Me' saved on TIVO (knitty gritty-diy network). The show basically covered the very basics of spinning, process wool, and even how to make your own spindle using a cd. Anywho, I had everything prepped in front of the tv to only find that for some reason, i deleting the bleeping show. I have all the other shows saved (well all the ones i liked). I even had duplicates. Talk about upset with a capital U. And to make matters worse, the stupid show is not scheduled to air again until August 4th. Now how f-n sucky is that.

Yeah so, now i have to wait until then. They have clips online, but i know i need both hands for this madness.

Bottom line, I'll let you know how my spinning goes on Aug 4th.

On a happier note, I decided to try the one skein wonder with a ball of Katia Jamaica in some rainbowish color that matches Hush Hush (seen earlier posts). It's cotton, and the weight maybe off. But what the hell, right? I can try right. I'll do the gauge, and see if i can tweak it a bit. if not, i'll own a 12.50 dishcloth. Hey, what can you do?

Oh, I almost forgot. I almost trashed the whole hush hush project. I got like 15 rows in, only to discover that the damn thing was twisted when I joined. Let me tell you the curse words I said that day. Boy oh boy, haha.

I did say that knitting gave me peace, right? Yikes...!

But on the brighter side of things. I'm glad I did discover this oopsy, b/c I didn't gauge right. I must have been involuntarily high or something, i don't know what the hell happened then. After de-needling (yes i like to make up my own words. stay tuned for that Viesters Dictionary), i found that i could fit at least one and a half of me in that wonderful loop of mine. Fun Fun

So, I restarted. To be honest the only reason I did is b/c of that $12.50 ball of cotton I bought to match the thing. It just looks like I'll won't be able to wear it until next year at this point. Isn't that just special, in that special kind of way. :)

Ok, time to pack it up. I'm outta here. Pics to come when I get home.....

Later,

Viese

2 comments:

PBnJ said...

hehe the banner and button are awesome, very fitting for the look and name of the site! =D

knittingnurse said...

Hey neighbor! I am the "previous" site from you on the yarn addicts ring. Been meaning to drop in and comment but keep reading and not writing.

It's funny that you just bought your first drop spindle or hand spindle and roving. I just did the same today on eBay. We will have to drop in on each other and check out our spinning progress.

Hope to "hear" from you!

BTW, I Love the banner as well.