Friday, April 08, 2005

So what's new....

Updateration...

I have finished my very first sweater. Yes, it's a miracle. I made the Cathode sweater from the Winter 05 Knitty (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTcathode.html).

So lets talk about this sweater. It probably wasn't the best sweater to be your first sweater. But it's a great way to dive head first in the land of sweater making. Ok, let me not be nice. That crap was hard as h e double hockey sticks. But, after very freaking annoying do over. I mastered it. Now I feel like I can do anything.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't follow directions well, so it doesn't look like the original. They have similarities, but that's about it. Where's the Pics, you say? Well I have an issue with getting pics. It's called, C.R.S (Can't Remember Shagnasty). I'm working on it. I know you heard that before, but one day you're going to come across this page. And it will have pics. No really, I'm serious.

Moving right along. I am now working on the Seed Stich Jacket from the Winter 04/05 Vogue Magazine. Since it was the orange that caught my eye. I've decided to knit it in orange.

I'm only maybe like 20% of the way through, and I'm loving this sweater! I mean, I cannot wait to finish. This is my first time with seed stitch, I love the texture of it. Especially in the orange. I just took some pics of it. So, i'm going to attempt to get them up here. It shouldn't be too hard.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I now officially have a favorite designer. Her name is Stefanie Japel (Glampyre Knits). She's the one that designed the Cathode sweater. I love her b/c her designs are outside the box.
And I especially love how all her designs are to be know top to bottom in one piece. NO SEWING! Love it love love it. My next project by her will be the Mini Sweater. It's the cutest thing, and it's perfect for those strapless shirt days when you're in the office. I want to make the new Orangina sweater. I don't think i'm that good yet, but I may just buy the album just to support her. She rocks, my friend.

Well gotta go, off to get this pic thing going.

No comments: