Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Updateration...

Okay, so after looking at my last blog. I realized that some updates are definitely needed.

1. I finished the 'Blasted Poncho.' And of cause it came out a zillion times better than mine. I was so tempted to keep it. But the guy was paying me $50 beans. So I had to give him the better one. You know that whole better business thing. It came out soooo pretty. It's ridiculous! I didn't steam the edges b/c I was able to make it work for me. I let the collar roll in so it look like a puff roll neck capelet. And the lines that I messed up on (you know knitting when you're supposed to purl. got a little happy on those lines), lined up perfectly.

Maybe One day I'll upload all of my pics. I need to b/c I need to start progress charts.

2) I started and finished the scarf that matches my very first hat. So now my very first set is complete. Yay Me! The scarf is supppper warm. I made it wider than the traditional, and waste length. Very nice, looks like I spent 25 bucks on it. Yeah, I'm getting good at this.

3) Still working on these, I mean this wristwarmer. It's the dpn's. Whose idea was this to knit with this many needles. It's the most awkward thing in the whole wide world. I feel like a spaz when I knit with these things. Well I am a spaz, but I feel it more than usual. But it seems to be coming along, and that's all that counts. I have to start working up to the thumb (button whole area). Really interesting. We shall see how this turns out.

And last but not least. A certain someone was able to make the trip to Seaport Yarns this weekend. I absolutely love this place. It's in the fifth floor of an office building but the whole floor is yarn. Yarn everywhere. When you walk in the door, you're greeted. They sit down and work w/ you if you have a pattern in mind. They let me put my stuff down, and helped my find everything. The even gave me options for alternative yarn, considering my pattern called for Tahki which was $14 a roll. I need six rolls. So you can do the math on that one. I ended up getting six rolls of alpaca, which was 8.50/roll. On top of that it was 10% off alpaca. How cool is that. Love a good sale! And if that wasn't customer service enough, she took the time to show me how to properly gauge (hey I'm a beginner, gauge smauge. what did I know). But she gave me an example of why I should, and it made sense. So I'm truly grateful. On top of that, I picked up measuring tape shaped like a sheep & a yarn cutting pendant. Which was needed b/c I never have scissors. Which is annoying when you need the to continue your project, when you're away from home.

Overall, that was the best experience I have ever received in any store. It was like having a personal shopper. I love this place! It puts AC Moore to shame. Bad AC Moore, bad!

I picked up 3 more knitting magazines. Like I needed it.

K, gotta go will check back later....

Knitting Adventurer
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.
You are through those knitting growing pains and
feeling more adventurous. You can follow a
standard pattern if it's not too complicated
and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've
started to experiment with different fibers and
you might be eyeing a book with a cool
technique you've never tried. Perhaps you
prefer to stick to other people's patterns but
you are trying to challenge yourself more.
Regardless of your preference, you are
continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as
well you should since your non-knitting friends
are probably dropping some serious hints, these
days.
http://marniemaclean.com


What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by quickly

No comments: